View Single Post
Old 25-10-2006, 00:55   #111
nikkival

re: Rhyddings High School??

I went to Rhyddings 83-88, Miss Moore was the head & took our history class, dropped that subject as soon as I could. Can remember Mrs Ware & Mr Furley (the perv) from English, Mr Walkden & Duffy for Maths, Mr Chapples for French/German, Mr Hunt for RE (now locked up for fiddling with boys), Mrs Fogg/Cottam as form teacher & Home Ec was a prison officer & now working for social services getting teenage girls back to school after having sprogs. Mr Haworth for Human Biology, (& his brother was one of my teachers at Hippings). Mrs Townsend for PE (drove round in her car while we were getting corned beef legs in cross country!). Mrs Atkinson for commerce, Mr Downs for chemistry (v. bad BO!) 2 nervous breakdowns - Mr Best (Physics) & Mrs Foster (Home Ec)
My son now goes there, I was so surprised at how much it's changed - we used to have 1 room with a few basic computers in it and were never allowed in it, now there's at least one in every room and dedicated computer suites. No black boards anywhere (can we still say black boards as they are now white boards?!) Don't think there's many teachers left from my day, think Mrs Tipper is still there - she used to grab hold of us naughty girls who dared to wear earrings & make-up! Still found my way around although most of the classes have moved about into the new buildings.
The jumpers & polos change to the opposite colours in the 5th year and have also had to buy a training suit for PE which he hasn't worn once in 14 months! They seem to think us parents have money to burn!

What a trip down memory lane, my brain obviously isn't as frazzled as I thought!
nikkival is offline   Reply With Quote