Thread: Missing friends
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2003, 21:35   #34
keith

Post Re: Missing friends

Sorry lynne none of the names ring any bells as regards green howarth the main family living there  was the lynches who owned the shop facing the pub I  sat next to eric lynch  at school  who went on to work for his older brothers at the garage next door to the shop when he left school I believe the business is still going but is based at huncoat now as regards the chippie the one we used was on willows lane and owned by mrs illingworth my older brother both mated out and worked at  the scaitcliffe pit with her son albert they were both electricians the shop itself was on the one row of houses on the left were bullough park finished the chippie at the far end  and a grocers  nearest to the park  At the corner of ferngore ave were it led down to the path going towards what is now high street was an old cabin which was the gloggers shop run by john roberts and of course we nearly all wore glogs in them days so he was always kept busy and of course he repaired shoes but he did long hours and never closed 7 days a week I still bump into the odd person who was on the estate in our time there but the only one who is still there I met recently in accrington his name jack hargreaves  Icould go on and on but its getting late so when I get chance I will come back with a few more names and memories                                  keith
keith is offline   Reply With Quote