View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 17:08   #36
LancYorkYankee
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: Your Country Needs YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
From what I've seen on TV the American public is growing more and more disenchanted with the Iraq debacle...and with Bush. He's having to confine his campaigning to his home turf down in Texas where his core support is.
Sorry quite late to this discussion. W.H. as has been discussed umpteen times in various threads, "the TV" is very biased and "anti-Bush!" Imho.

However I do agree, and believe you are right, America is certainly frustrated by what's happening in Iraq. However, I believe it'smore based on the ineptness or lack of desire of the Iraquies to police themselves.

This war has been a huge thorn in the President's side but he is campaining in many different parts of the country. Our economy is very strong, the unemployment rate (4.4%) is the lowest in many years, inflation is tame, crime is down, the stock market is near a record high etc., etc.. However, I believe the republicans REALLY blew it with the power they had. Ultimate power corrupts!

One of the boys that seee me as his father figure just yesterday graduated from Marine Boot Camp. He said they are graduating 6,000 to 8,000 new recruits each week! (this number shocked me)

If all goes as planned, he will be off to Iraq in a few months. I currently have 3 other of "my boys" over there right now. They are more frustarted by the lack of media support than anything else. They spend more time handing out supplies to children and families, protecting the infrustructure, and trying to keep Iraqies from killing Iraqies. Reminds me alot of Northern Ireland back in the days!

I think the world, the Kurds, and most Iraqies are much better off with Hussein and his horrendous cronies out of power. I also believe we are all now fighting most of the terrorists in one place greatly (but not totally) reducing their attacks throughout other parts of the world! IMHO

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote