View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 13:10   #2
Tealeaf
God Member

Re: Outside lavatory

No problem about this one, Kathryn - there are thousands of people in Accy who still use an outside loo. I suspect that you have visited this website because several years ago the Borough of Hyndburn was listed as containing the highest propotion of external loos in the country. I believe that the proportion has declined substancially, given that much of the older, sub-standard housing stock has now been demolished.

However, we still like to keep to our great traditions and thus you will see plenty of people using an outside bog every friday and saturday night in Accy town centre; these days the people improvise - shop entrances, the Churchyard, the pub wall, etc. It seems to be a rather enjoyable experiance for many.

Just looking at your website, I notice you are located not too far away from the George, off Borough High St. As you are probably aware, this pub has one of central London's last remaining outside loos, but for men only. I think you should complain in the strongest possible terms about this blatant sexism.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 09-11-2006 at 13:19.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote