Thread: Free websites
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:49   #19
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Free websites

I remember when I first started out wanting to make little graphics somebody blinded me with science and after the first couple of sentences. It was enough to put me off for life - vector layers and raster layers and inverted selections!!! I can sometimes forget what it was like back then when I didn't know the proper names for anything. I do still tend to talk about thingummies and wassanames and I sometimes hope I'm not sounding patronising when people ask for help to do things because I want to be sure they understand so I try to explain as clearly and in as much detail as possible. (with pics) Somtimes they may know what they want but can't explain it properly which can be a bit challenging at times but we get there in the end.

Not long ago somebody asked for a button, but what he asked for wasn't too clear so I had a stab at what I thought he meant but asked for more info if I'd got it wrong. He insisted I hadn't done what he'd asked for but didn't explain any more so I had another go. Then he got annoyed because THAT wasn't what he wanted. It turned out that what he had wanted was what I'd done in the first place but he hadn't saved it properly so had seen the wrong thing. We got there in the end.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote