View Single Post
Old 15-11-2006, 17:14   #15
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: 3 simple questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
As all of our disposed of items and industrial waste build up and decompose they will produce large amounts of gas and the Earth will eventually fart its way out of the solar system..
Love it.

Question 1

How many of you believe that God is true and why do you think he is here.

Yes I do believe in him. Why is he here? If by that you mean why does he care about us and what we do I belive that it's because we are all quite literally his children and just as any parent loves their children and worries about them, cares about them, wants to know what is happening to them even when they grow up so he watches over us too. That doesn't make us puppets that he controls every move (obvious) - we all have freedom to do our own thing, even to choose not to believe in him. That freedom means we can do our own thing as I'm always telling my kids sometimes what you do has consequences that are beyond your control. Life isn't about things that happen to us, it's about the choices we make when they do.

Question 2

How do you think the end of the world will happen.

Armageddon - I believe the last war on Earth will happen in the middle east. I also believe Christ will reign over the whole of the earth for 1,000 years and that the earth will be restored after destruction and be as it was when originally created.

Question 3

Do you think we all have a set future and it cannot be changed, that we are all just following a script from beginning to end or do you think our fate is what we make of it.

No certainly no pre-written script. Life is all about choices we make and the consequences of those choices. It's up to us to live up to our full potential and to treat other people in the way we would like to be treated. As I said in answer to Question 1. I believe that everything we do has consequences and affects other people and everyone we come into contact with - sometimes it can even have ongoing effects that we are totally unaware of. I also believe that we often get a bit of 'outside help' even though we don't always notice it. I know there are times when my prayers have been answered. I also know that some of the answers may not have been the one I wanted at the time but it will all make sense in the end.

I could waffle on forever with a couple of stories and a poem about a tapestry but I don't want to end up hogging the whole thread.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote