View Single Post
Old 16-11-2006, 06:45   #13
entwisi
God Member

Re: Direct To Your Wallet/Purse

The Goverement have forced all banks to provide a 'basic bank account' which must be such that it can't go overdrawn. I believe that these must also be free so there should always be an account suitable for those on low incomes/pensioners etc (If you already have an agreed overdraft then I believe the other accounts are also free under First Directs plans).

Just because something has been in a particular way for some time why should PRIVATE companies be forced to keep them that way? As I said before, Banks exist to make a profit just as the corner cafe or the bloke on the market. You don't begrudge them a living so why should larger companies be tied to certain level of profit? If you look at Profit/Turnover you will find that banks actually make a small % profit against small businesses.

You can vote with your feet now if you don't agree with this, First Direct is part of HSBC aka Midland. Move all your accounts/loans/CCs/ etc to one of the other banks and make it known that you are leaving HSBC because of their decision to charge. The news does filter up in the companies to the higher levels and CEOs aren't daft enough to ignore peoples feelings, if they see a significant number of people joining their bank because its free to use then they are likely to keep it that way to attract more customers.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote