View Single Post
Old 21-11-2003, 19:43   #4
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Hyndburn Youth Council

Another apology for highjacking this thread!
But it had to be said somewhere, and seeing as one post has already had to be deleted from this thread, it's as good a place as any.

I would have thought somebody would have put reports in by now, but it would appear not, as nothing is being done.

Anyone think there is a connection between ridiculous hijacking of threads in one form or another, be it jam, nasty replies, or otherwise, and the fact that the forum has been very quiet of late?
Even when we have a lot of people logged in, not many are posting. I wonder why ???

This is supposed to be an adult forum, or so  I thought. But even so, we were given a place to play in!
But as Guinness says, that doesn't seem to be enough.

Most people would like to come on and read or write interesting, informative, or entertaining posts. And for the threads to be kept reasonably on topic.

But once again its not happening.

I can only moderate the sections my user name are on, and they did seem to be reasonably in order. But it's getting so as I think what is the point!

I don't come on that often now, and it seems that if it carries on this way, more and more people are going to do the same, and there will be hardly any  sensible threads left.
People who do make them often tend to have their comments ridiculed or abused rather than answered in a sensible fashion.
Whether we agree with a person's opinions or not, there is a reasonable  way to go about stating such, without being nasty or silly.

We are  representing our town on here, in a way, so let's give people something reasonable to look at when they Google "Accrington" and find "Accringtonweb.com"

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote