View Single Post
Old 22-11-2003, 21:47   #12
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Hyndburn Youth Council

Well yes, the introduce yourself section isn’t the place, that’s the main point isn’t it? But needs must as you say.

OK!

Yes I was a member of the silly fraternity for a while, back in the days when we hadn’t considered what the forum would look like to outsiders, or especially to those members using the previous posts lists. None of us lot really used those at the time, so hadn’t considered this. I realized the problem and stopped posting in silly threads out of consideration to other users.

(By the way some people do have the forum set so that they get an email alert when someone replies to their topics, so it must be doubly annoying to get an off topic reply).

Because Roy’s plea to keep things on topic, especially in serious threads, still went largely unheeded he then altered the forum, and gave us the anything goes section to do what we liked in.
Whether or not I post in there or not, is a matter of personal choice. Does that mean because mostly I don’t, now, that I need to “get a life”? That’s your opinion Anne.

Quote:
Now it seems you just have to see a piccy of a jam jar or Jam product and you break out in sweat.
Bet you an Harry both sit there seething. I cant see why the jam thing gets on your nerves all of a sudden

A bit over the top wouldn’t you say Anne? Seeing as I never mentioned it until Guinness and Owd Bert did!

Yes they gave their opinions, that’s what it’s all about isn’t it? Why is someone giving an opinion stirring things up?

Yes there are a few jam references, but lets not go into that, maybe we don’t see the same things!

But it’s actually not just jam we’re on about is it? Just that you picked up on that part of it.
Why just that? We’re also on about people not being taken seriously, people being ridiculed, people completely changing topics on threads, people being abusive or nasty. Any objection to that?

As you say, there is no mention of this being an adult site, but I thought we went into that issue when we were talking about the new forum and the 12 year old. I thought the general consensus was that kids and forums were not a good idea. But that’s a bit off the point don’t you think?

What I meant was that we seem to be in the main, adults, and a lot of people would like to come on and read something of interest.

The fact that there is a silent majority out there who won’t say anything about it should be of concern to us all, if we want to keep this forum going.
Would you rather they just didn’t bother to come back to the forum because they are fed up with it?

How many forums have closed down because of this, because people aren’t seeing what they want to see when they log on? They just go somewhere else instead. As I said have you noticed how quiet the forum’s been lately?

Roy developed this forum for the whole community in Accy. for discussion, to share opinions & information etc, as well as having a laugh.
He works hard on it, we don't want this one go the same way.

Hey, I like a joke as much as anyone Anne, I’ve posted quite a few. I love a laugh!
And the fact that you ask me "what I’m on",  tell me to “take a chill pill” and to “get a life” just because I’m not into posting about jam and such, I find insulting , and quite ridiculous.

And I wouldn’t have said that to you on the forum, even if I thought it!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote