View Single Post
Old 30-11-2006, 16:12   #2
West Ender
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

No I don't.............but...........

We were in Somerset and stopped to have a look inside a tiny, very old church out in the country. There was only one door and it was a huge oak one that creaked when opened and made a solid "thunk" when it closed. There was no one inside but my husband and me and no doors into any side rooms etc. but, after about 5 minutes, a realised there was an elderly lady standing beside me. She was quite ordinary looking, wearing a dress and cardigan and with glasses on. She pointed out the altar in the tiny Lady Chapel and told me how old it was. I asked if she lived nearby and she said, no, she didn't but her nephew was a church warden and she "came there sometimes".

A few minutes later I turned to say something to her and.........she wasn't there. There had been no sound of the door opening and closing. We went outside and looked around. The path to the church, from the small village, was quite long and there were only fields on either side of it. She would have had to run very fast to get to the road before we came out of the church door.

If she was a ghost she was a completely unscary one but we never could come up with an explanation.....................