Thread: Identity Cards
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 07:53   #14
HarryX
I am Banned

Post Re: Identity Cards

In this day and age with the technology available it would be easy enough to make a good enough fake ID card to fool the club doorman or the local shop owner in a busy off licence for example..  Maybe not good enough to fool the police but certainly good enough to fool people who dont mind being fooled into taking your money

It wouldnt take a gang of master criminals either.. any teenager worth his salt could knock them out to all and sundry for a couple of quid each and make the whole system a farce.. a system that will cost millions to impliment and by the time its ready technology will be more advanced..

EXAMPLE.. If i made a fake gas board ID card or even a fake police ID and presented it to you at your front door... how would you know if it was fake ? My pic. fake numbers blah blah.. how many times have you phoned up the head office when someone has shown you an ID to check its real?

All in all an ID card system already in place in other cuntries might work.. but to introduce one now here would be a waste of money.. I think they know that.

I wouldn't be apposed to having one... in some respects my driving licence is one as it has my pic

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote