Old 08-12-2006, 23:55   #43
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Places of Historical Interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I just remember it being a nice place lol. The people were very friendly but then I have found the further North you go in the States the friendlier they seem to be. ( Hope that doesn't offend any Accywebbers from Southern USA lol ). It seemed so much more laid back than anywhere else I have been in the States

I also found it an interesting place because of the historical links with us, even if I had to squirm when I went in to a musuem and at the end of a film show about the Boston Tea Party everyone cheered wildly at the defeat of the English
would love to visit boston myself dave, but have to disagree about the friendlier further north bit, have travelled extensivly around the states in the last 5 years and the friendliest i found were down louisianna,tennesse,way though must say nowhere i found unfriendly, new yorkers were great ignore the movies,lol would love to go back to new orleans which is my favourite city,sadly devastated by ivan.