View Single Post
Old 14-12-2006, 15:35   #11
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Accy Red Light District

I would just like to say that I have absolutely no problem with prostitution per se. It's a service just like any other. And I am sure that there are quite a few married women out there who are quietly pleased to be relieved of the servicing of their spouses libido.

I think that following yet another sickening series of murders the government now has a moral duty to take the lead in regularising the sex industry so that it is open to examination, free of criminality and also free of shame. As I have said before, it is time this country woke up to the fact that sex, in all its guises, happens - however shocking that might be to "outraged of Tunbridge Wells".

Tealeaf complains that the trade is sordid and squalid. He is right, at the moment it is. If the trade were legalised and regulated, properly and effectively perhaps the "working"girls could come in off the streets and practise their necessary profession in safety. If they can manage it successfully in Amsterdam and other European cities why can't we do the same here? And before anybody asks, I would have no problem living next door to a brothel - provided they kept the noise down.