View Single Post
Old 21-12-2006, 16:05   #12
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Help! I've got myself a friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
The shutting of the door may be symbolic of cutting off contact; the knocking would then represent an alert to his or her presence. I would suggest that the presence wants to be known to you and wishes you to extend a welcome. Leaving the door open represents an invitation to enter your private space, “that’s in the physical sense not the spiritual” if you close the door the meaning would be the same to them as it is to us. ****** off “I vant to ve alone”. Sorry.

If you are comfortable with it, shut the door tonight and say out loud “When you ask me to, I will open it” If you get the knocking again Say out loud “ok I’ll open the door your welcome to come in, should you wish” again converse using normal tones and always be welcoming. Ask questions in order to gain information such as a name or a relationship or just chat away about how you feel about things in general.

If you do become emotional, even tearful then it will mostly likely be that of a loved ones spirit coming close to you. You might not miserly know them, but they will be someone who cares about you.

If at any time you feel unhappy with the situation just ask firmly, but respectfully for the presence to leave you now.
You 'aint half going to look a pratt Doug if it turns out to be the plumbing ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote