View Single Post
Old 28-12-2006, 22:57   #16
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: How Christmas Used To Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Rindy I think this will be Tony's son, Anthony, who will now be about 55. Tony will be in his 80s now, if he's still alive. Tony's wife, Anthony's mum, was called Bernadette. She was an excellent singer too, had a lovely contralto. She had very dark, curly hair when I knew her.

Tony and the Henry brothers sang at my wedding (1962) and sang a selection from Oklahoma! while we signed the register, which the guests loved. They came to my wedding reception in Ribchester, later in the day, and entertained the guests again - free of charge - so my dad bought them an evening meal and plenty of beer. They were still there when my husband and I left for our honeymoon - and still singing.

Tom Henry had the deepest bass voice I've ever heard. If Thunder could sing, it would sing like him. His brother John was a baritone and Tony Flannegan was a brilliant tenor. Together, they were extraordinary.

Yes you are right, it is his son, also called Anthony. He has a fine voice too, he must take after his father.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web