View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 00:00   #118
jedimaster
Senior Member+

Re: Yet another dog kills a child...

I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as a bad dog, but only bad dog owners.
over the centuries man has bred different dogs for different working tasks and yes some of these breeds are fighters however a well trained "dangerous dog" can make a very loving pet but ALL dogs, no matter what the breed have the potential to turn nasty whether this be through poor treatment or poor management ie. animal instincts taking over.
my old dog jethro was 12 stone of pure rottweiler muscle but he was well trained. He knew who was boss and responded to command instantly, he was loving and faithful yet he knew his job and his place. I respected him and he respected me.
and when it comes to potentially dangerous dogs that is a major key to success. The respect from the owner of the potential danger. Although i considered jethro to be well trained i still did not trust him 100%
and unfortunateley whilst any idiot can go and own dogs like these who don't know what they are doing and believe that the dog is just there to boost theie ever growing ego we will continue to see appalling stories like this in the news.
It is high time that the dog licence was reintroduced.

but please....
don't blame the dog....... Blame the owner!!!!!!!!!!!!
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote