Thread: greg pope
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2007, 16:40   #66
andrewb
God Member

Re: greg pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Right this is where we are at loggerheads.. I "presumed" and am happy to be proven wrong.. that he was voted in to do what his constituants wanted... to be the voice of the people as they cant all fit in parliment.. so he goes for them and does what he knows they want.... on the one occasion I know of... he did the opposite of what they wanted...

So is he there to do what the poeple want as he says on his website.. or what he wants as garinda says?
Quote:
I aim to represent all the people of in my constituency regardless of their politics, race or religion
When I read that I think he is saying that he represents people equally regardless of race, whether they voted for him, etc.

I don't read it as saying 'I shall represent what the majority of the constituency want regardless of what I think the consequences of that might be'

If we wanted our MP to vote on everything according to what the majority of the constituancy wanted, and use no judgment, then we might as well have no MP and just have a referendum on everything, which would lead to a crappy country, rule by mob.