View Single Post
Old 23-01-2007, 16:23   #29
chav1
I am Banned

Re: You wonder why Insurance is dear

if you had an insurance company and you took on somone with previous accidents and points etc you would naturaly charge them more than somone who hasnt but when that person crashes again you put the expense of the payout onto customers who havnt had accidents or points

it would have been your risk in taking on this customer not mine so why should my policy go up , ime pretty sure if he didnt have an accident then you will be in proffit from him as he paid extra because of his driving history and would be very happy at your nice proffit but when it goes bad its us that pay

if payouts are such a problem then maybe insurance companies shoudl be asking questions of teh govenment as to why such ridiculous amounts of money get paid for minor injuries and not simply pass teh cost on to the innocent motorists, its just easier to get money from joe public than get the govenment to put limits on how much can be awarded for minor injuries

ime not sure but hasnt the maximum payout for whiplash been reduced , just somthing i heard so not sure but if true then maybe payouts on other other accident types should be capped to

one way to reduce claims would be to abolish teh rule that the person infront is never in teh wrong because as long as that law is there people will slam on infront of peopel for a quick claim, that alone would probably reduce over half teh claims that go in

Last edited by chav1; 23-01-2007 at 16:26.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote