View Single Post
Old 23-01-2007, 20:03   #38
steeljack
God Member

Re: Back Stabbing The Armed Forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr flibble View Post
i am sick to death of people complaining about our soldiers and airmen dieing while we are at war.
Pardon me , but I thought the Military in the UK was under the control of the Ministry of Defense, (doh. to defend the Country from outside aggression,) I dont think I remember reading any news reports about the Iraqi fleet being spotted off the Cornish coast or any blitzkriegs by the Iraqi airforce on British cities ,to the best of my knowledge the War Office has been closed down since the 1950s when the Govt. at the time decided that a bankrupt Britain was no longer a World Power and the days of Empire were over .
This is the first time the British Govt. has declared war on a country since 1939 (history lesson .....we declared war on Germany , not them on us) In other conflicts since then Britain has used its armed forces as a reaction to acts of aggresion (apart from the Suez fiasco) . or as peacekeeping forces under NATO command .
In my view the military currently being used in Iraq are being used as nothing more than mercenaries for the oil companies and the state of Israel ,
The use military forces in Afghanistan is a different story , they were sent in originally to get Bin Laden the guy behind the Sept 11 attacks but are now bogged down suporting a corrupt regime .

Now, I am going to get myself in trouble .........all this trouble in the Mid-East since Gulf war 1 / Sept 11 / present Iraqi war , I lay at the feet of Ronald Reagan and his messiah complex of ridding the world of comunism, If he had just left the Russians alone when they invaded Afghanistan and allowed them to push a bit further south into Baluchistan/Pakistan and allow them to get a warm water port there would be none of the problems we have today.

sorry for the ramble
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote