Thread: gay adoption
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2007, 15:46   #113
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: gay adoption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Actually I think yes, if you run a business whatever it is you should be able to choose who you deal with. Good business sense dictates that you don't turn customers away but at the end of the day you should be allowed to refuse whoever you want. It's the same point as Margaret has been making - it's not that the catholic church is saying that a same sex couple can't adopt (or can't stay in a b&b) just that they would rather not facillitate it.

The catholic church is coming in for a bit of flak here but it's only sticking to its principles. On lots of other threads haven't we discussed how the fabric of society is being eroded away by relaxing laws, accommodating other cultures etc. On this one, they're trying to stick to their guns.

Btw - I personally feel that same sex couples could be good parents and should be allowed to adopt but I actually support the catholic church's point of view.
From April in England and Wales it will be illegal to refuse services, including accomodation, based on a person's sexual orientation. It was passed on a 199 to 68 majority earlier this month.

Being concerned with local rather than national politics, perhaps you missed this rather important news story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6243323.stm

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote