View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 15:38   #30
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Life’s Little Annoyances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I seem to remember jambutty posting about over 65s practicing this just to annoy the younger end, apologies if i'm wrong jambutty.
Actually Ianto.W. it wasn’t stopping and chatting it was walking slowly and swerving from side to side in a supermarket aisle. The same as practicing standing at my front door waving a stick and shouting at kids playing in the street. Tongue in cheek!

I am the epitome of good manners in a supermarket. I look over my shoulder before moving off with my trolley and I don’t gaze at the shelves and carry on walking like many women do and in doing so they generally try to break my legs. When I approach a bottleneck and there is someone coming the other way I wave them through. This action does seem to upset anyone behind me though. I have my money ready to pay at the checkout, although it is not unknown for me to tease the checkout lady a little but it doesn’t hold things up. One of these days when the checkout girl ends our encounter with “see you later” I’m going to reply something like, “Ok! Where and when?”

I know that I can’t walk as fast as other people so I keep my trolley and me close into the side to allow others to pass me without hindrance.