View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:30   #1
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Energy Prices Coming Down - Hurray!

British Gas, or should that be Gritish Bas, has declared that they are bringing down their energy prices from March 2007 and for those who take electricity and gas from BG they could benefit by up to £170 per year. Good news.

Powergen have immediately jumped in with a similar intent and no doubt other suppliers will follow suit.

By a strange coincidence I received a letter from Powergen this morning informing me that I could sign up to fixed energy prices right through to 1st April 2010. This ‘price protection’ will only be available for a short period but it doesn’t state how short. Neither does it state at what level will the price protection start. That is whether it will be at today’s rates or those that come into force after 1st March.

A quick FREE phone to Powergen resolved that point. First of all this price protection malarkey attracts a slightly higher rate than the standard rate and as I have just been informed it will protect the prices as they are TODAY.

Nice try Powergen but some us haven’t just climbed down from the nearest tree. Sadly though some people will get caught out.

The moral of this tale is “If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is” and check before being taken in.