View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 06:42   #13
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Social Services failed again

I just can't find words to describe how I feel. How could anyone treat a child that way? I hope he was found guilty of manslaughter at the very least.

I just heard on our news this morning that the little girl Mel posted about had actually been taken from the parents as a baby and then later given back to them I suppose this was their 'human rights' to have their own child back. Social Services were supposed to be keeping an eye on her but one time when they went she had a broken arm and they just accepted the story that she'd had an accident. Several times after that they called but failed to see the child, just accepted the mother's story that she was out with the Dad!

There are supposed to be guidelines that where a child is known to be possibly at risk and that child suffers an injury they are supposed to speak to the child away from the parents and ask the child what happened. OK the child may have been too scared of her parents or unable to tell anyone anything but surely they'd have been able to see signs?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote