View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 14:08   #9
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Energy Prices Coming Down - Hurray!

It’s wrong that the people with severely limited income or the inability to manage what they have are forced into using card meters when that is the most expensive option.

If you think about it a card meter means that the energy company get their money before supplying the energy yet they have the nerve to charge more for it. If anything the card meter should be the cheapest option or at least the same as the quarterly rates.

Once in a while I have not received my quarterly bill and wouldn’t have got it if I hadn’t rang Powergen to ask where it was. “Well we’ve sent it” is the usual response and then by a strange coincidence I get a red bill a couple of days later. I have to force them to send me a proper bill and stop all this ‘you haven’t paid’ nonsense.

Are they angling to force me into having a card meter because of the apparent default in settling my account? An unequivocal yes they are.