View Single Post
Old 13-02-2007, 21:43   #28
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: See It Like A Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post

Basically the lyrics are 'remember how good those first experiences were'. The feeling of falling in love for the first time. The first time something excited you as kid. The time you got that new job, the first time you kissed, the first time you got drunk, the first time you had sex. Your wedding day ........

What would be the one experience you'd love another go at, to be able to see it like a baby?
Don't know anything about the band you are discussing Tinks, but get your point. Unfortunately first experiences as mentioned aren't always the best, usually improves as times go along e.g. :-

. Falling in love for the 1st time .. bloody hurts, can't sleep, concentrate, wondering constantly if your love is reciprocated and then possible final hurt as you may be cast aside. ... no improves as one learns to shed off these annoyances and enjoy being in love linked with common sense and being realistic.

. First kiss: Usually out in the bloody cold and not knowing which way to position this exercise ... bruised lips, chipped tooth if unlucky .. no improves with experience.

. First time you got drunk: Whizzy head, stomach churning, loss of control to finally vomiting contents of stomach and wasted well-earned money down back alley, taxi or pub toilet .. no improves with hard earned lessons.

.First time you had sex: only women will know that it is not particularly pleasant for physical reasons, exciting maybe, but ... no improves with experience.

. Wedding Day: Only been married the once, but in today's society sure lots of people will agree, in retrospect not the best experience and .. no improves each time you do it...

The list could go on .. problem is you can't look back on these things as first time is never the best experience. Like they say 'Old head on young shoulders' 'If I knew what I know now'

Nothing I would like to experience first time again, sorry.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote