Thread: Rochdale bus
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2007, 16:49   #8
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Rochdale bus

Rossendale transport buses leaving from Accrington Bus station as they would on the regular 464 service.

Buses will be arriving at 1pm and will load up and leave when each bus is full.

There will only be as many buses as I order, hence reason to book your seat.

You will pay on the bus as you would if you were catching the regular 464 service.

Prices are £3 adults and children, £1 OAP/disabled with a NOW card as it would be if you were catching the regular 464 service.

These prices are for a RETURN service the only exception to the regular service is that the buses will go directly to the football ground and make no stops along the way.

Fraser Eagle should not be put out by this service as most people I had spoken to were going on the regular 464 anyway due to the price difference of £3/£1 or £10/£10. Rossendale Transport made the offer because it made more sense to operate a football only bus than to have potentially hundreds of Accy fans descending on the normal saturday service especially as they only usually operate the single decker lowriders on saturday. Can you imagine the chaos just 200 extra people would have on a bus service that runs buses for 40 people at a time along a 15 mile route. Five consecutive buses would be full to bursting and would not be able to pick up passengers en route for the entire journey. The buses are every 10 minutes I think on a saturday so that would leave the route in tatters for over an hour and people stranded as 5, 6, 7 buses would go past without stopping. And then there should be more than 200 people anyway, so that figure could double, and then you have the return service.

If you do not book and there is no room on our buses then you can still use the 464 of course but you will have to make your own way to and from the ground across Rochdale. We should be back in Accrington by 5:45pm at the latest. With 3 points and sore voices.