Thread: Lcd Tv
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2007, 12:38   #9
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Lcd Tv

Last night on the Channel 5 Gadget Show they did a comparison between LCD and Plasma at under £1,000.

To all intents and purposes it was a draw but only if between the two chosen makers for each type. Sorry but my ancient brain cell can’t remember the makers names other than Panasonic was one of them. I seem to vaguely remember Sony being mentioned but I can't be sure.

My Panasonic flat screen TV some 3 years old now, is a 27” wide screen that weighs around 5 tons. (Prospective burglars take note - you will never get it out of my flat, not even if there are two of you! There was barely an inch to spare bringing it in through the front door and the living room door had to be taken down to get it into the living room.) My living room is a smidgin over 10 feet square so a larger TV would be incongruous.

All being well it should last a few more years so I have no plans to change it until it dies naturally. Hopefully that won’t be tomorrow. In a year or two the prices should have come down to a more reasonable amount and all new TV’s will be just digital and High Density and not a hybrid of everything. The HD standard battle might have been resolved by then as well.

So unless you have your heart set on a new TV janet I would be inclined to wait until you have to buy one because your current TV has popped its clogs.