View Single Post
Old 20-02-2007, 23:20   #65
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Gay Parade For Accy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
I'd go for the latter. Wonder if accy observer will pick up on it seeing as he was in there shouting off about it!
You can't really criticise him, he had an ill thought out idea, and went to the press with it, and they ran it. It happens everyday, it's called Google Page Ranking.

I was sort of involved with the Pride Scotland celebrations for a couple of years. Even with those two great cities, Glasgow and Edinburgh, they had to alternate it between the two places each year, and that was with a whole social infrastructure of gay/lesbian/bi/transgender/whatever centre, bars, pubs, clubs, shops, and societies in both cities. Something little old Accrington doesn't have. In fact there are not even any gay social groups in Accy, the nearest is in Chorley.

By the way, I'm not forcing anything down anyone's throats, but if anyone reading this does need any information relating to this topic, either advice, counselling, or just someone to talk to, the phone number for Lancashire Friend is on this link.

http://www.ellgas.org.uk/

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote