View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 01:39   #51
andrewb
God Member

Re: How do you judge people?

It's interesting. When you're on a forum, you tend to have much more extreme views, and things seem more black and white, hence if you disagree with someone its usually to a large degree.

When I first started I had certain impressions of people, especially Gayle because she was fighting to become a councilor for the Labour party, where as I was quite Conservative thinking at the time. I basicly expected her to be an evil ogre, not the nice person I met in Oakhill Park. Haha.

Another person I'd make judgments on is Jambutty, we've had such major disagreements at times, so much so that I've even turned to childish name calling at one point. Now im pretty sure if I met him in the flesh, we'd agree on so so much, and we'd have a understanding between us. Of course, I would like to meet Jambutty at some stage, because of the interesting debates we have had here, and really because even though I don't believe hes right all the time, I still have a lot of respect for him because his arguments are usually founded upon solid ground, even if I think the judgment is wrong sometimes.

It really is quite funny how different people can be on a forum as opposed to in person. Then again, im probably personally the same in person as on here, but im sure the people I met at the meet could give an opinion on that.