Thread: vs Swindon
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 19:34   #121
Revived Red
Senior Member+

Re: vs Swindon

Also just returned from the game. I totally agree with Urban Spaceman. There is something clearly wrong - and let's stop blaming the loss of Craney and Roberts. I accept that Gary Roberts was playing well, but Craney looked very ordinary in some of those early games this season (how quickly we forget!!) and only showed signs of a return to form when he took on a more forward role.

But they've gone - they are history. Individually, the present players are giving their best, but it is not enough. In the games I have seen in the latter part of the season, we have been tactically inept. We resort too quickly to the long ball through the middle seeking a flick on from Paul Mullin. I have yet to see evidence of any move worked out on the training ground. A player in possession has to look where colleagues are - there is never any suggestion of playing the ball into space knowing that someone will be ready to run onto it. So, too often we are caught in possession while waiting for and looking for the movement.

I also have to say that I am growing very weary of Messrs Coleman and Bell constantly sniping at the officials. I would like them to spend more time and effort encouraging the team, and changing tactics as the game progresses. Defenders have learnt how to snuff out the threat from Paul Mullin.

There is much more to be said - but maybe not here and not now.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web