Thread: New bulbs.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:42   #53
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: New bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
You can quote OHMS Law, you can argue till your all blue in the face, this type of bulb or lighting is cheaper to run providing you use them in the correct manner IE switch them on and leave them on, all flourecent lighting is expensive to 'start up', if you are going to continualy switch them on and off, they are neither cheap or convenient but a darned pest as the 'warm up time is too long.
I have never stated that the new LE bulbs are not cheaper to run. Indeed I have acknowledged that they are.

My point is that they are not as cost effective as the normal light bulb when you take into account the cost to buy and the life of each type, as I have already explained.

My other point is that a LE bulb rated at 60w but in fact uses 11w of energy is not quite as bright as a normal 60w bulb that uses 60w of energy. My proof being that with my calculator being a fixed distance from a light source needs to be closer to an LE bulb than it does to a normal bulb to work. All this spectrum stuff was introduced by Cyfr in some attempt to discredit my observations about my calculator.