Thread: New bulbs.
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2007, 12:00   #94
DeShark

Re: New bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Global warming may not be a fictional device but the 'evidence' that it is us that is causing it is not as yet proven.
Oh come on. Scientifically it's hard to prove a correlation such as that due to the number of possible factors. But carbon dioxide levels rose drastically in the late 19th and the 20th centuries. Carbon dioxide being a gas that contributes to the greenhouse effect. At the same time there was a peak in global temperature. Is it just a coincidence that this coincides with the industrial revolution and the burning of fossil fuels? Perhaps aliens began to inconspicuously deposit vats of CO2 into the atmosphere. I somehow doubt it. It's obvious to all but the ignorant that we are the cause of the problem. Even if we aren't, we still need to do something about it if we want to conserve our way of living. Reducing the amount of CO2 will help with this. Please stop ignoring the problem in the hope that it will go away. I'm not trying to point the finger. I'm as much to blame as anyone else. I'm just saying that there is a problem and it needs acknowledgement before we can solve it.

http://www.classzone.com/books/earth...u501page04.cfm
DeShark is offline   Reply With Quote