Thread: Water Bills
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2007, 20:45   #33
accymel
I am Banned

Re: Water Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
If you add up all the 'extra' charges for paying all your utilities bills by not using DD then you are probably well over 100 quid /year[1]. If you can afford to throw that amount of cash away for no benefit then you must have more money than you think. Direct debit isn't inconvienient. you know what day its going out so you can budget for it to be in there waiting. Bills themselves have drop dead dates that they have to be paid, consider your DD date in teh same manner and its no difference at all

[1] Gas/eleclly offer ~10% discount, BT are afetr 15 quid a quarter, water 5 pound, etc. It soon adds up.
What u save in one hand u can lose in the other like money not being paid in on time & direct debit fluffs up - been there & had the lovely £30 bank charges a time at the worst time u need them, trouble is how can anyone guarentee an income better still same or regular income these days??? job market isnt that secure!! So im afraid its only to convienience of companies because it saves on their effort & ensures u pay your bill when that date comes without flexibility, as which i manage to pay all my bills at time that suits my finances within a reasonable time limit - ok it costs but my control
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote