Thread: New bulbs.
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2007, 22:58   #125
andrewb
God Member

Re: New bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
If at a set distance from one light source the calculator works and from another light source it doesn’t then it has to be because one light source is less bright than the other. It’s not rocket science!

Then he went on blathering about spectrums again. Then went on to state unequivocally that LE bulbs do give off less light than a normal bulb.

Cyfr burbles on about the irrelevant spectrum colours.

And in post #100 argues that the colour of light does matter. Not in powering a calculator it doesn’t.

and they are both trying to confuse the issue with science in some puerile attempt to prove my observation wrong.

My calculator doesn’t care what colour of light falls on the solar panel just as long as it is visible light.

why can’t Cyfr do the same instead of meandering into pseudo science babble.
Your whole post has a ton of mistakes, some of them I have quoted above.

Let me put it in a way you might understand:
The light colour matters. Its scientific fact. If you deny or dismiss it you are completely WRONG. You can not dismiss such an important factor as 'irrelevant' just because you deem it to be so. It is the key to understanding why your calculator needs to be closer to a LE lightbulb.

Understand the physics behind it, or admit you don't understand it, but don't dismiss it to try and make your incorrect argument right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambutty
Then to cap it all Cyfr in post #78 responded to a post by cashman that I was correct in my assertion about colours and it had no relevance.
You posted information about the electromagnetic spectrum without ANY links to the subject matter which makes it irrelevant, or just plain wrong as you seemed to suggest that blue light has greater energy (true) so therefore it gives the calc additional power (false).

Im sure everyone else reading this thread, even if they don't understand the physics (because its not trivial) understands the point that i've been making over and over; Blue light does not work with solar panels in your calculator, where as red light does. Therefore this is why your calculator needs to be closer to LE lightbulbs. Its that simple.

You can't deny otherwise unless you want to go against the laws of physics.

Last edited by andrewb; 14-03-2007 at 23:02.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote