View Single Post
Old 29-03-2007, 20:32   #41
Eric
God Member

Cool Re: how do you stop your cats from scratching....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Eric, I'm not sure if this is an urban legend or whether it is true....but here goes.
On one of the Vet program 'phone ins' a woman asked if there was anything she could do to cure her dogs very smelly wind.
The Vet asked what kind of food she was feeding her dog....and it turned out to be one of the most expensive of the tinned dog foods.
'Aah' said the vet....'the food is too rich for your pet......try giving him 'Chappie' (one of the cheapest and most disgusting looking tinned dog foods going)'
The woman thanked him and said she would certainly give it a try.

A few weeks later the same woman again rang the program to say that the advice had been wonderful, but she had another question for the vet.
The question was - How could she get her husband to eat it and was it safe for human consumption.
Jake eats only dry food, and flatulence is common to the breed. I just warn people that the dog's dangerous end is the one without teeth. Love him dearly but he is a real room-clearer.

I know a similar joke, but it is too disgusting for this forum.

By the way, are you related to the Pilkingtons who used to live on Grange St. (I think). Tom was his name. He knew my grandad well, had an allotment behind our house on Rishton Road, by Ringstonhalgh farm. He kept ferrets and usually a wire-haired fox terrier. I knew his son Alan.

From the Great White North

Eric
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote