View Single Post
Old 30-03-2007, 18:59   #263
claytonender

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well I don't know anything about Cllr Siddique but I do know that Cllr Rahman has been an excellent Mayor for Hyndburn. He is possibly one of the hardest working men I've ever met and he is also one of the nicest. He fulfills all his official duties with a wonderful smile on his face and his wife is elegant and gracious.

A Mayor can be an excellent asset to an area if they are a good Mayor. They can be ambassadors for the area both inside the area and outside it. If the Mayor attends a function it gives it a certain level of gravitas and support.

PS - if you invite the Mayor to attend your event the press usually comes along and takes a picture so you get extra publicity for your events.
I agree with this posting wholeheartedly. As well as his official duties he has helped to raise a lot of money for charity, through the Mayoral Charity Fund. This year the Mayoral Charity's main beneficiaries are MacMillan Cancer Relief, East Lancashire Hospice and Hyndburn Homewise. Which are all charities who help people in Hyndurn.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote