View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 13:03   #25
gondola
I am Banned

Re: Teen clash in race brawl!

''Community is a word that has been adopted by the Asian sector as a shorthand for the area that they live in. It must be said though, that for the small handful of activists''

Pull the other one Gayle. There are almost as many Asian 'community leaders' in Hyndburn as there are Asian people. You of all people should know, with your involvement with community groups.

Why don't you undertake a search of how many community groups there are in Hyndburn, how much funding they get under the umbrella of 'integration' and 'celebration of diverstiy' and based on what posters are indicating here there is not that much integration to speak of. I think it is high time that people realised that integration does not require setting up of groups to solicit funds. It requires a desire to become part of the society in which you live. That's all. If such a simple concept can entrench itself in the minds of the 'do gooders who promote positive discrimination' then we may get some integration after all.

Are these organisations lining their own pockets or are they really setting up community centre after community centre for the benefit of society. I know not, but it is food for thought. Sometimes quite literally.

Last edited by gondola; 01-04-2007 at 13:09.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote