View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 11:19   #476
gondola
I am Banned

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Well I cannot see how someone cannot understand that if a project is not generating the desired outcomes, then the money ought to be channelled elsewhere.

Which brings me to my previous assertion - that you cannot make someone understand something, when their job depends on not understanding it.

By the way, I gave you a few examples of set ups which were simply a farce. Do you have the courage to state the same and ensure that they do not get funding for the same purpose going forward, or shall you just turn a blind eye and suggest that at least it was given to an organisation in Hyndburn and thus that makes it worthwhile.

Finally, is it the case that fund raisers for 'community projects' and those on similar committees such as yourself, are incentivised on the basis that the person securing the funding gets 'x' per cent in addition to their salary? If so, then such persons clearly have a vested interest in ensuring the money is retained in Hyndburn rather than going to more plausible concerns elsewhere.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote