View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 05:07   #78
Ber999T
Resting in Peace

Re: Lie Detector tests

From a personal view claiming benifits on behalf of someone is difficulit enough.

When my mother was diagnoised with Lung Cancer she asked me to go and live with her, this I did without question and my employers helped by letting me pick shifts that meant I would be at home at nights, and she told me that it would only be for a "few months"!

She got a good care package and some extra benifits that the Social Worker in hospital told her about, when she asked about "Carer Allowence" for me she was told that as I was working during the day and that she had carers going in that she couldn't claim for me.

When I asked about a stair-lift for her so that she could go upstairs to use the bath we were told that it would take approx 6 weeks to get one fitted if granted.

Mother was happy about that but sadley she died after 5 weeks and never got to use her bath again, I informed the revelent office of the change in circumstances and on the day of her funeral a workman came to measure up for the stair-lift!! The information had not been passed between the departments and I think that sometimes that holds up or gets claims rejected is the lack on communications between offices.....
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote