View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 12:33   #35
MargaretR
God Member

Re: HH already cancelling jobs

In week commencing 26th March I had my central heating (warm air) replaced with combi boiler and rads. Workmen were in every day for 5 days.
The job is still not finished because the plasterers and joiners cant keep up with the plumbers and electricians so there is a 2 -3 weeks delay before they arrive. At present there are so many exposed pipes needing boxing in that the place is like a submarine (all piping is 'surface mounted' , some covered by plastic trunking).
When the job is eventually complete I will need to redecorate everywhere at my own expense. A bit pointless really because next year they are scheduled to rewire, and refit kitchen and bathroom.

All this repair work is needed and will be appreciated, since I want to see something to justify a rent increase of over 10% this year.

I just wish the project had been better planned -eg. better co ordination between work teams and some thought given to the 12 month wait before rewire happens. (then again - it might not happen judging by this news)

Last edited by MargaretR; 10-04-2007 at 12:34. Reason: spelling
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote