Thread: Hartlepool game
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:11   #81
Tax Paying Poolie

Re: Hartlepool game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Well I came away from the match thrilled with our battling performance but with a sense of injustice because of:-
1) The fact that were charged more for entrance than the home fans.
2) The biggest steward I've ever seen (belly like the front of a French TGV train) who confiscated my mate's plastic horn then referred him to the boss man who said "We don't allow musical instruments". When asked why he said " We just don't". When pressed again he said "We don't allow noise!" Then we gave up.
3) The 2 Accy fans being reprimanded by 2 more jobsworths for smoking on the concourse outside the stand, even though other stewards had said it was allowed.
4) Jase being marched off - what was all that about?
5) Only 2 minutes of added time (should have been more like 5 or 6) just when we were throwing everything at 'em, including Martin up for the last-ditch corner.
5) Oh yes, the bloody ref who was busting a gut to get the diving monkeyhangers' promotion party going.

Fair enough, they battered us in the first half but we got to half time level due to some good luck and heroic defending, and in the second gave them plenty to think about. In my opinion, and I hate to criticise anyone wearing the red shirt, we effectively played with ten men for the whole game. Leam made more of an impact down the left in his few minutes on the pitch than we managed in the previous eighty-odd with the starting eleven. He should start as our left sided attacker at least until Whalley is available.
Hartlepool are strong all over the pitch and will be promoted, but their theatrical prowess belongs more in the Premiership than Div.1. The Stanley boys did us proud yesterday, though.
Have you actually considered that we're not a bunch of divers, and that you're just a bunch of horrible, dirty, non-league cloggers who played a superior side and could only compete by kicking us at every opportunity?

Watch that sending off again and tell me that you believe, hand on heart, that Nelson dived for the sending off.

If you are 'proud' after that performance, it sums up your team as you were very very average and deserved nothing.
Tax Paying Poolie is offline   Reply With Quote