View Single Post
Old 17-04-2007, 07:27   #31
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: Councillor Kazi Siddique - fir for public office

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
oh i could tell you a few things !!! im sure graham knows a few more
Every individual in this country has the right to protected against malicious and false accusations. When so many rumours exist without that last bit of firm evidence, then I think it incumbant on that individual to come out themselves and 'clear the air'.

Rumours at work or down the pub are fine because that is private chat, public messageboards however are not. That is why it was removed because in Britain, it would not only be Gondola, but Roy who would be libeled. And if I wrote anything, Roy would be libeled again if sumonsed, as it is against the law to publish a known untruth should there be a complaint.

Why not Kazi? I think Kazi's contribution to Hyndburn has been zero and he was only elevated to cabinet by PB for political purposes. He claims £11,000 per year but has little cabinet reponsibility and has had no input at all. The streets of Central Ward are filthy and he is not interested. In 7 years he has not lifted a finger. There are a lot community minded people in Central and they are unhappy about his role.

I am not happy that someone who cannot speak English properly can even be a Councillor. You are there for everyone and whilst 51%?? of Central is Asian, 49%?? is not. For me english is a must requirement as a Councillor even if it was 100% asian. We have a meeting on Monday night to discuss it, however the Tories have pulled the Mayor making item from Tuesday's Full Council meeting. What a surprise!!!

Ask yourselves this. In January we select May's Mayor. Why this year have the Tories not done so? We all know it's Kazi for Mayor unofficially. However I would not put it past PB to make that promise by word of mouth just 'on the streets' of Central for votes. After the elections, see if he has lost, or make any decision because the voters after May 3rd then have no choice. If this thread carries on like this I can see them switching to Dobson or Lockwood because they won't want to get found out this side of the election.

As for the sheep comment. Labour Councillors agreed to debate, work together and bide by a majority decision amongst themselves. Anything else represents chaos.

In this case we were forced by PB into accepting a Tory (of their choice) every other year and they would ALLOW us a Labour Mayor of our choice the alternate year. I have a big problem with this method because an unacceptable Mayor may be nominated by them for political purposes (like Kazi), and we are tied to the decision before the person is named. However the public don't want political squabbling, espcially over the mayorality.

If we did not accept this position, the Tories/PB threatned to put a Tory Mayor in most years (whenever they wanted because they have the majority of votes 19-16 at the moment). Typical shotgun politics by PB and Labour Councillors were forced into accepting the best of a bad job.

This Conservative Council is a morally corrupt Council. It's not even *P*olitics anymore with a cap P.

Last edited by g jones; 17-04-2007 at 07:34.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web