View Single Post
Old 20-04-2007, 11:33   #27
JohnW

Re: How "bad off" are Americans?

[quote=Flash;412850]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
The period was known as the "cold war" and the two main contenders were Russia (representing the communist world) and the USA (representing the capitalist world.)

Bit patronising don't you think?

This was certainly not intended to be patronising, I was merely setting the stage for that particular part of my argument.

On the subject of Iraq. Quite frankly I would pull out all the troops and let the damned idiots kill each other and sort it out themselves. I really don't believe we can do any more there, our lads are just being used for target practice. We are stuck in the middle of a civil war. All countries which have ever been prominent in the past have all had their civil wars, maybe it's time for us to let the middle east have theirs.

Is that why America chose to create a civil war in Iraq? We, as allies, have found ourselves in the midst of a civil war and it is our fault. To pull out now would be to condemn thousands of people to die- Yes American and British soldiers are dying and will continue to do so before there is any form of stability- if that will ever be possible. We should not have gone in the first place but now Mr Bush and Mr Blair have achieved the mother of all f*** ups then 'our lads' as you call them will have to continue to pay for that misatke with their lives.
Truth, Justice and the American Way?- George shone the torch and Tony 'Mothman' Blair followed the beam of light. Together they would bring light to the darkness, destroy the axis of evil, wage the war on terror and of course- enable George to get Saddam fo his Daddy whilst potentially securing lucrative deals in regard to oil production and export from the region- everyones a winner.
As I see it for the next few years at the very very least that will continue to be some corner of a foreign field or more accurately desert that shall always be England.
I think Bazf answered most of this very well indeed. The proceeds from any lucractive oil deals which may have been secured will take a very long time to pay off the cost of the war, if ever.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote