View Single Post
Old 22-04-2007, 00:50   #124
LancYorkYankee
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: Global trivia quiz.

Just received this kind of amusing challenge of ancestry on the Global Trivia site. It's from a 14 year old girl from Clitheroe. Should anyone over there happen to know this young lady, please give her a thorough thrashing, with love, from me! My response to her follows.

Can I just ask how, if you were born in the USA and you live in the USA, you could possibly be From Lancashire. Just because your parents are from our County does not mean that you are. Sorry if i seem rude but I just cant see how you could even be classed as British!

LouiseGender:FemaleLocation:clitheroe Lancashire UK Hobbies:Stuff-animals,reading, computers, sports, just general random stuffComments:Ello, Louise is my name i am 14 and hope i hav a large enough IQ to actually get one right on these quizzes (incidentally my IQ is 136)

The tone of your note was certainly somewhat rude (IMO). You have a legitimate question but to challenge me as some diabological Lancashire wannabe is kinda excessive. However, here is my response.

First, as far as any information you have about me, I have never claimed that my parents were from Lancashire. They are not. Heck, I've never even claimed to be British (as far as you know)!

I was invited to play Global Trivia by some very good friends from Lancashire. I first started playing on the Virginia locality but wanted to play with/against my Lancashire peers. I don't believe there is anything wrong with this. Heck, I certainly wouldn't put Virginia as where I'm from if I was trying to hide anything.

I hope this satisfies your curiosity. Should you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to write me back. Finally, I'm a memeber of a website over there called Accyweb. There are alot of great people from all over Lancashire on that site and you may find it of some interest!

Cheers!
Mr. Atkin

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote