Thread: Meet Benji
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2007, 21:41   #58
K.S.H
God Member

Re: Meet Benji

Bad news I'm afraid, Benji was knocked down today and died when we got him to the vets, I feel so guilty it's hurting like hell.
We'd been out for a nice walk with him up jack-house and the pine forest, been as good as gold and had a nice run about, we got back home, got out of the car and put him on the pavement like we have done so many times, he usually heads for the steps and runs to the front door waiting for us to let him in, why was today different? he turned and ran across the road, he must have heard the children that we're going home from school and was heading for them, he loved children, always headed for them when he see any.
I got him to the vets within 5 mins, he was still alive but died a few mins later.
Lots of questions i'm asking myself now, he was spoilt rotten here by all of us, sure he had a great time with us but i'm feeling like an irresponsible pet owner now, he's always on a lead near traffic etc but we let him off in the country or anywhere safe, why didn't I carry him in, why didn't I put the lead on, why didn't I go home a few mins earlier/later, why did I refuse to work Fri night - I wouldn't have been out with him at that time if I had been working.
It doesn't seem the same here, he wasn't a noisey dog but theres an eery silence about this place, it's not the same without him.
Do I get another i'm asking myself, I know he can't be replaced but it might help
Got 2 pics of him today that we will treasure, wish I had got more now.
we'd have done anything to stop it happening but there was nothing we could do.
I'm so sorry Benji -

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote