View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 08:51   #19
Ber999T
Resting in Peace

Re: The NHS is rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
It must be very frustrating Lettie for anyone within the NHS who can see why it isn't working and yet still to be tied by all the nonsense.

I don't know if Blackburn A&E is the same as Lancaster Jambutty but when I went there with my daughter one summer they explained that the few people you see in the waiting room are the walking wounded with no life threatening problems. What you don't see are those brought in by ambulance and those whose lives hang in the balance and whose needs must take precedence so although it seems on the surface that they are taking forever to deal with a handful of patients you are not seeing all the others whose need is far greater.
I couldn't have said that any better Willow. Plenty of times when I take someone to A&E (Triage) they will still be there about 3 hours later, but I may have taken another 2 cases into MAJORS where the staff have to deal with the more serious cases first. It doesn't matter which hospital I go to they all have to work the same way.

They do a "see & treat" both at BGH (Burnley) and RBH (Blackburn) now and this seems to be helping at times, not fully sure how it works but think senior nurses been given more training and scope to deal with see & treat cases.
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote