Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: The NHS is rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Yes I saw a consultant on first occasion, but none of the previous notes were seen by the junior doctor on the second occasion, both in Blackburn and Manchester.
Yep that happened to me. The Doc I saw had no idea what my consultant planned to do. I explained to him that I did not mean to be rude but he was wasting my time, I had come out of work, his own time and the nurses time. He made a phone call to the consultants secretary and I saw my consultant the following week. He did some tests and operated. You can't let them mess you around. Tell them what you want and what you expect from them. If you want to see your consultant then make sure when you get your appointment through that he/she will be seeing you. If you get their and it is not the consultant ask why and make another appointment. If you make a nuisance of yourself in a positive and polite way you should get what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
A couple of weeks ago my daughter’s feller got a sliver of metal in his eye so he went to A & E Blackburn. The sign said a minimum of 6 hours wait yet there were less than a dozen people waiting to be seen. After an hour when no one had been attended to he walked out.
That post made me think of 2 things.

1. We have no idea what is going on the other side of the wall in A&E. There may have been a major RTA and patients brought in my ambulance.

2. If he left A&E without getting his eye sorted out then he really needs his head sorting out. Eyes are far to precious to walk out of A&E because it looked like nothing was happening.