View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 19:38   #40
steeljack
God Member

Re: The NHS is rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
They should contact the pharmacutical companies directly. Most, if not all, have special programs for people who lack the insurance coverage or necessary income. Patients who qualify receive medications at low cost.....and sometimes for free.
Bullseyebarb , Yep the drug companies have special programs for needy patients, but let me tell you a story, I know two people who have serious medical problems requiring multiple drugs , both are no longer able to work and are on disability, through various un-ethical and legal means both have been dropped by their insurance companies , Both applied to the manufacturers of the drugs they were taking asking if any relief was possible , guess what ......four companies came back with great news, they all had new drugs better than the ones they were taking , the only 'hang-up' was the drugs were still unapproved and in still in the testing stage and would they like to join a testing panel , oh, just one thing , they would be required to sign waivers absolving the drug companies of any future liabilities other wise sorry couldn't help.
I do appreciate the fact that new drugs have to be tested, in fact I have partaken in them myself for a new medication (til I recieved an emergency phone call at work telling to stop immediatly) but the point is I wasn't being blackmailed and I hadn't signed any waivers,

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote