View Single Post
Old 27-05-2007, 20:53   #91
Stanaccy

Re: Tony Blair Mark Two.

Right I've had of enough of this.

Education went downhill in the mid 80s when they got rid of 'O' levels. GCSEs in whatever the f**k, do not count as a qualification, this was not Labour it was the tories wanting to get more folk through the exams. Which I assume ha something to do with making the benchmark fixed every year rather than a floating one so only x%got A's or passed etc.

Labour just arsed about with 'A' Levels in the same way. Mind you considering some of the gits who are at school at the moment the teachers deserve a medal not a slating.

Oh one thing Bullseyebarb, which generation brought up the previous 20 years of schoolchildren that you are moaning about?

And as for the libertarian thinking I'd rather live here and pay my taxes and be guaranteed a place in hospital if any of my family were ill than have to choose between insurance or feeding my kids.

You may hate the state but looking at over there and the freedom to shoot up schools, universities and shooping centres (oops sorry bear arms) and over here where it is illegal - the choice doesn't really take much consideration.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web