View Single Post
Old 14-08-2003, 14:12   #3
littlemo

Post Re: Litter Commission

I been reading some comments and viewing some pictures that are posted and it really saddens me to see things like this as i'm sure it does many people. I am lucky enough to live in an area where this kind of stuff does not happen and i have to say that yes it is partly due to people not wanting to litter but it is also due to a sceme we have set up which has been nicknamed "Portugese Christmas" basically once a year the town offers a free service of large item pick-ups freezer's sofas beds whatever needs to be picked up. it is placed out on the streets no more than 5 days before the pick-up (sensible, doors removed ect.) During this time, anyone is free to help themselves to it, whats one person's waste is another person's treasure, hence the name that its been giving. We now hardly ever see sofa's, freezer's, construction stuff whatever you can think of, lying around the place or thrown in the stream and most people now arrange for home reno's during this time so they don't have to pay for a skip!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote